Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stop Looking at Me


A soiled shattered mirror whose broken pieces show poorly.
Put back together quickly so to hide the shame of being ruined.
Jagged lines sit uneven, sharp edges cut deep, clearly wrong.
Looking at my brokenness, you are just seeing my sad flaws.

Seeing from different ways, reflections will change what you see.
Do not think the images are true, light from elsewhere comes off of each.
These cracks corrupt the sight of truth, making what is real, appear false. 
Looking at my hypocrisy, you are just seeing my sad flaws.

In one frame is seen Creator, another just sin, neither me.
Turned to you - you see yourself, showing you your faults, don't get mad..
This is my sad imperfection, I am so unable to show Him.
Looking at my poor expression, you are just seeing my sad flaws.

Glory in glimpses rarely seen, as I try to aim toward Him.
Please don't place blame on me or you - falleness has made us this way.
This is just how we will all be, until perfected in His Love.
Looking at my failures in life, you are just seeing my sad flaws.

 Until then, til this life shall end, trust only Jesus - and believe.
Rejecting this imperfect way which you and I see in each other.
I am doing my best to show a very small part of His grace.
Looking at my life made new, you are just seeing His working.

No comments:

Post a Comment