Thursday, January 20, 2011

god in the box

Have you seen my most prized possession?
Yes, that’s right~ it is a box, but not just any box!
Oh, I know it looks like most any plain old box.
This is in fact a very special box, for what it has in it.
It is god in the box, no really seriously, he is right in there.

He’s been in there quite some time, as long as I can remember anyway.
I know he is in the box, it was made just for him, and I haven’t seen him since I closed him in there.
Every now and then, just to be sure I shake the box up and listen really closely.
No, of course I’ve never heard anything from him in there, the box is too thick for that.
I wouldn’t dare open the box though, he might escape from in there, then I'd have to deal with that.

What’s that you say, why do I keep him in the box? I told you, he fits perfectly.
Isn’t that where he belongs, so much easier to carry along, I know where he is that way.
There are no surprises this way, I just carry the box with me, and he is right there with me.
Then when I need his help, well I shake the box or rub it a little, I love the box.
Really the box is more important than talking directly with him isn’t it?

I actually bought the box, well not bought, more like was given at a price.
Supposedly it has a substantial cost – but I never have paid anything.
I keep waiting for the bill or someone to come and try to pick it up.
It is a little perfect box, six square sides each the same, arranged so correctly,
The box is the perfect way to bear my little burden of god I carry around.

I folded it up neatly from its flattened form, I used to remember why it was that way.
Now I just see the box, walls made to hold god firmly where I can know he is there.
Sometimes I even forget he is in there, but the box is still pretty cool anyway.
I’ve shown it to a lot of people, but so few seem to understand, many chuckle, some cry.
Other people have boxes too, but god is in mine, they're all just nuts ~ their boxes aren't any good.

Mine is a better box, I’ve decorated it just as I like it – it is so familiar to me now.
To understand the box is to understand god or so I tell myself when I really need him.
I won’t let him out of the box though, then I might lose control of him, he might even want something.
He might even want me to get rid of the box that I’ve grown so fond of, as if that would happen.
Wouldn’t you be upset if you’d been in that little box all this time, better he stay there.

When I first got the box it was open, I mean really open, flat really, it was kinda nice that way.
But I closed it up to make it what I wanted it to be, easier to carry, easier to hold god like I want.
On either hand I am sure he is stuck to it, I won’t let him loose from it, it wouldn’t make sense.
It reminds me of a friend who said he had god sealed in a cave, it got opened and he was gone, foolish.
Should I open the box and see if he is there, I’m not sure I’d even know how, and I'm too scared to.

Maybe you can tell me how to open it… here is the box and how it looked when I first got it...


No comments:

Post a Comment