Sunday, January 16, 2011

sNOwman... leaf me alone...


Last week we had a very rare occurrance for East Texas, SNOW!  Enough snow to actually make snowmen.  It was such an ETx rage that everyone's facebook had pictures of snowmen.  We spent nearly an hour rollin snow into balls to make a whole family of snow folks, one for each of us.

As we were rolling, clippings and leaves that I'd never bothered to rake up from the fall were getting rolled up into the balls.  Telly and the kids were freakin out because it made the balls ugly.  Being an a(u)/(r)tistic genius, I knew we could just cover up the ugly with nice clean white snow AND it worked~ for a while.  Then the snow melted.

Now I have several large balls of ice in my yard, covered and surrounded by yard clippings, leaves, gravel from the driveway and other assorted nastiness.  My deception is clear to all and worse, all that disgusting stuff is now gathered up together in one place.  A glaring example of my laziness, lack of concern, and general ability to fool myself and others for a short period of time.

You're probably on to me here, but the leaves are the sin of our lives gathered up as we roll along.  Rather than cleaning them up before we ever started OR even dusting off the nasty as we rolled along, we just let it accumulate.  Yeah the cosmetic snow covered it up, yeah it looked nice for a while, yeah yeah yeah, but it can't last.

The weather will change and the temporary things we've put in place to hold it all together and hide the grossness~ it will melt away. All we'll be left with is the junk we've rolled up into our lives and our embarrassment.  By the way, the little white thing in the bottom left of the picture was the nose... parsnip NOT carrot.  

(Psalm 51:1-7 ESV)

[51:1] Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; 
      according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions.
[2] Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,and cleanse me from my sin!
[3] For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me.
[4] Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight,
      so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment.
[5] Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.
[6] Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart.
[7] Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment